PDPL Clarification Text
As The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK), we attach utmost importance to the security and confidentiality of your personal data. Acting as the "Data Controller" within the scope of the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (PDPL); this information text has been prepared in order to clarify that the responsibilities such as the collection, storage, processing, transfer of personal data in accordance with the legislation, the duration of storage, the data subjects' rights and other responsibilities applied in accordance with the legal provisions.
COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA, PURPOSES AND MEANS OF PROCESSING
TÜBİTAK can process personal data in order to carry out its activities and in accordance with the principles and procedures prescribed by the PDPL and other related laws and regulations. Personal data related to our stakeholders can be collected directly or indirectly by TÜBİTAK units, website, social media etc. through written, oral or electronic means. Personal data obtained within the scope of the PDPL can be processed for the purposes listed below:
- Maintaining activities in line with the founding objectives set out in TÜBİTAK's Law on the Establishment of TÜBİTAK,
- Meeting information and other requests from public institutions and organizations and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner,
- Full and proper performance of contractual and legal obligations,
- Follow-up of financial and/or accounting affairs,
- Execution of legal transactions and follow-up of legal processes,
- Planning of human resources processes and execution of activities,
- Planning, auditing and execution of information and information security processes,
- Performing quality and standard inspections and improvements,
- Ensuring the security of the institution and personnel,
- Ensuring coordination in processes related to visitors and meeting participants,
- Developing and diversifying the support and services provided,
- Evaluating and responding to suggestions/wishes/complaints and requests to be conveyed by the stakeholders and visitors of the institution through all kinds of channels, and to carry out improvement studies in accordance with the notifications.
METHOD OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA AND LEGAL BASIS
As expressed in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law:
- In cases where the explicit consent of the data subject is necessary, explicit consent of the data subject,
- If it is clearly envisaged in the laws,
- If processing of personal data belonging to the parties of a contract is necessary directly for the establishment or performance of a contract,
- If it is compulsory for the data controller to fulfill its legal obligations,
- If data processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise or protection of a right,
- If it is mandatory to process personal data for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, etc. and within the framework of Article 234 (t) of the Decree Law No. 4 of the Presidency, as well as the duties and powers given therein;
Personal data is collected in accordance with the provisions of Articles 5, 6, and 8 of the Law through call centers, cameras and sound recordings, application forms, website membership and contact forms, the internet, mobile applications, website newsletters registration forms, cookies, social media and other publicly available media, or through training sessions, meetings, organizations, and similar events, from the data subjects, third parties including solution partners with whom TÜBİTAK cooperates or has a 2/3 relationship within the scope of communication and/or establishment of legal relations with TÜBİTAK, and legal authorities. Personal data collected through these methods can be processed and transferred for the purposes specified in Article 2 of this text within the framework of the conditions for processing personal data and processing of special categories of personal data stipulated by the Law.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In case of transferring the collected personal data into and out of the country, TÜBİTAK acts in accordance with the provisions defined in Articles 8 and 9 of the Law. In order for TÜBİTAK to carry out its services more effectively and fulfill legal requirements, in mandatory cases, within the scope of relevant laws, regulations and protocols, authorized public institutions and organizations in the country, law enforcement, courts and enforcement offices, legally authorized private legal persons, related third parties. parties, natural and legal persons, service providers and their officials, project partners, suppliers and support service providers.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT WHOSE PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED UNDER THE LAW ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA (PDPL)
In accordance with Article 11 of the Law, the data subjects who apply to TÜBİTAK have the following rights:
- To learn whether their personal data has been processed or not,
- To request information regarding the processing of their personal data if it has been processed,
- To learn the purpose of the processing of their personal data and whether they are used in accordance with this purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom their personal data has been transferred within the country,
- To request the correction of their personal data in case they are incomplete or incorrect, and to demand that the third parties to whom their personal data has been transferred be notified of such correction,
- To request the deletion, destruction or anonymization of their personal data if the reasons requiring the processing of their personal data have ceased to exist in accordance with the purpose, duration, and legitimacy principles, and to demand that the third parties to whom their personal data has been transferred be notified of such deletion, destruction or anonymization,
- To object to a result that is against them if their personal data is analyzed through automated systems,
- To demand the compensation for damages in case their personal data is processed unlawfully and they suffer harm.
IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT US FOR YOUR REQUESTS
You can personally send your requests within the scope of Article 11 of the KVKK "regulating the rights of the data subject" to the address of TUBITAK Tunisia Caddesi No:80 06100 Kavaklıdere / Ankara, by attaching the documents identifying the identity information in accordance with the "Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to the Data Controller" or email@example.com you can send it to this address with a secure electronic signature. The person concerned must clearly and comprehensibly state the requested issue in the application to be made to use the above-mentioned rights. Information and documents related to the application must be attached to the application. 3 / 3 Applications to be made within this scope will be accepted following the identity verification to be made by us, and your requests regarding your rights will be finalized as soon as possible and within 30 (thirty) days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. In the event that the application is answered in writing or through recording media such as CD and flash memory, the processing fee specified in Article 7 of the "Communiqué on Application Procedures and Principles to the Data Controller" may be charged. You can reach TÜBİTAK via the contact information given below.
Presidential Address: Tunus Avenue No: 80 06100 Kavaklıdere / Ankara
Telephone: 0312 468 5300
Fax: 0 312 427 6817
Web address: www.tubitak.gov.tr